Our goal is to help attract $ 50 billion of investment to Ukraine in the coming years - Olga Magaletska

Olga Magaletska, Head of Office of the National Investment Council in Ukraine, stated the above during the annual “M&A Radar: Ukraine” meeting by KPMG Ukraine.

“I hope that in the next few months, the Parliament of Ukraine will vote the bills announced by the President of Ukraine on improvement of the investment climate in Ukraine, namely the provision of tax holidays to large investors. This will help to encourage potential investors who are still hesitant to invest in Ukraine. We at the Office of the National Investment Council of Ukraine make every effort to attract investors to Ukraine, create a favorable business and pro-investment environment. We assist the Ukrainian authorities in the development and implementation of pro-investment laws. We also serve as a high-level platform for dialogue and communication between the business and the Ukrainian authorities. Last week, we initiated and organized an extended meeting of the President of Ukraine with representatives of three business associations. The meeting lasted more than two hours, during which the President listened to business representatives and answered all the questions. I believe in a dialogue between business and government. I believe that it can gives a positive results,” Olga Magaletska said.

The Head of the Investment Council noted that the most attractive area for investment now is infrastructure: “All the necessary legal basis has already been created. We already have the first successful concession projects in the seaports of Olvia and Kherson. The next will be concession of railway stations, seaports, road and regional airports. I am convinced that this year we will have many successful concessions and public-private partnership projects. We work closely with the Ministry of Infrastructure and potential investors in this direction,” Olga Magaletska said.

© 2020 Office of the National Investment Council of Ukraine